1) I'm thankful & honored that my best friend's daughter has asked me to be her Confirmation sponsor. Several years ago, I probably would have declined because I was not very strong in my faith. Thankfully, I've grown so much in the last few years that I had no hesitation when she asked me. Perhaps God was leading me to this moment!
2) I'm thankful for the 30 Day Meme I've been doing lately. Some of the posts are fun, but some are quite reflective. I'm really enjoying it. Let me know if you give it a go. I'd love to read your daily thoughts!
3) I'm thankful that The Princess' hair is finally growing out. (Remember THIS POST?) We can now put it into two little pigtails...that look absolutely adorable on her!
4) I'm thankful for a GREAT visit to northern Ohio to visit Casinodad's family. His aunt / godmother has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer & was given only 5-6 months. We were able to spend some time w/ her on Sunday. She looks great & has such a positive outlook. I am simply amazed at the peace she has.
5) I'm thankful that The Saint's injury toward the end of his birthday party on Friday was not as serious as we thought it might have been. While standing at the back patio door taking pictures of The Princess & my best friend's daughter twirling flags, The Saint fell out the door. He landed on the concrete patio head first, receiving a big bump on his forehead. Of course it had to be right about his bedtime, so I sat in the back of the van w/ him to keep him awake. Thankfully, my sister had given him a bag of lollipops for his birthday, so I kept popping one of them in his mouth when it looked like he might doze off. Also, the new children's urgent care is only 10 minutes away!