Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) HandyGramps asked (& received) my permission to use my recent blog post on Receiving Christ in the Eucharist for his homily this coming weekend, the Feast of the Body & Blood of Christ. He also submitted it to their church's monthly newsletter. Deo Gratias!
2) I had a busy weekend because I picked up extra hours at work on Fri. & Sun. Thankfully the working hours went fast & I was back w/ family in what seemed like just a matter of time. Deo Gratias!
3) I received kindness from five strangers last Friday when my van wouldn't start. Also, I remained calm & just went w/ the flow instead of getting angry. Deo Gratias!
4) Laughter...it always brings me joy to be able to laugh & have fun w/ my family, esp. those times w/ HelpfulGrammy when she gets into one of her laughter fits! Deo Gratias!
5) The Princess was so excited to go to church on Sunday, now that she is able to receive Christ in the Eucharist. She also taught The Saint how to go up to the altar w/ his arms crossed over his chest, since he's not old enough yet. Deo Gratias!