Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) I had my annual OB/Gyn appt. yesterday. I am blessed to have this wonderful Catholic, pro-life, homeschool supporting, father of 6 as my doctor. Deo Gratias!
2) Repairs for Matt's car were much less than we expected. Deo Gratias!
3) Spring Break! We are taking this week off of school to focus on Holy Week & do some much needed cleaning around here. Deo Gratias!
4) God-incidences! On Sat., I was listening to Catholic radio & the host was talking to a priest who just released a new book that sounded really good. Two days later, I was reading a story in Amazing Grace for Mothers, from a mother whose son went through a dramatic conversion. That son was the priest I heard on the radio (Fr. Donald Calloway). I feel like I have been called to get his new book, Under the Mantle. Deo Gratias!
5) On Monday, the Blessings & I spent some time w/ HelpfulGrammy decorating eggs for Easter. Deo Gratias!