Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day One - Guilty Pleasure (2nd post for today)

I KNOW I have more than one, so this was very tough to narrow down.

Nutella, that rich, creamy cocoa hazelnut spread (which tastes great on a spoon all by itself!)
I first discovered it in Hungary when I was studying there for a semester in college. It became quite the comfort to us when we got homesick. We'd smear it on a slice of bread, bought fresh that day at the local bakery, then pour a glass of apricot brandy to go w/ it. I really missed Nutella when I got home. I was so excited the first time I saw it in a local grocery store. And, they've recently doubled the size of the jar. Mmmmmmmm!

Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Love the new background!

I have not ever tried this, but like you said, I know it's huge in Europe. They even have a World Nutella Day!

Maria said...

Thanks! It took a while to find one that I really liked. This one finally jumped out at me!

You MUST give it a try sometime, very soon! I didn't know about the World Nutella Day...although it's ALWAYS Nutella Day around here :-)