Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day Eight - Someone I Think Would Make a Good President (2nd post today)

It goes w/out saying that anyone would be better than who we have now. I love Angela's suggestions on Pretty in Orange. I am choosing my oldest munchkin, The Prophet. In March of 2008, he dictated his list of things he'd do if he were President of the US. Below is what I posted here on my blog.


March 28, 2008 - If I Were President by The Prophet

With last week being our state's elections, The Prophet started asking questions. After talking awhile, he started telling me what he'd do if he were president. Being a homeschooling mom, I decided to make it into a lesson to put into his first grade portfolio. Here is his list of what he would do if he were president (all in his own words):

1) Make special fighting droids with special shields (Droid Akars)
2) Make stronger suits for the good army
3) Make big walkers (AT-AP Walkers)
4) Make the clone ship & walkers from Episode III (Are you noticing the Star Wars theme so far? I did ask him to think of other things too!)
5) I would give the people who robbed a few more chances.
6) I would make smoking illegal.
7) I would make the UN stronger.
8) I would stay up all night planning more presidential stuff.
9) I would make fire ships (for wildfires) & fire walkers with sprays on them. Battle fire boats, too.
10) Hurricanes - get people out of where the hurricanes are coming (use AT-AT walkers with fast legs)
11) Tornados - same thing
12) I would make builder soldiers to protect the poor people & build houses. They would make free jobs for the Moms & Dads. The bosses would be nice because the people would be poor.
13) Make schools safer - keep police guards, check everyone's pockets, police near stop signs so people don't ignore them
14) Make the world clean - every time you go for a walk, you take a bag & gloves to pick up trash
15) Try as hard as I can to find a cure for cancer
16) Floods - roads closed down, water sucked up by suckwalkers who then take it to poor people who don't have enough water

Once we got past all the Star Wars ideas, I think he came up with some pretty good things to accomplish. Perhaps I should send his list to The White House...


Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours

0 comments: