Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Book Review - How Do You Tuck in a Superhero

Rachel Balducci is a mother of five boys & one baby girl. She is a regular writer on Faith & Family Live, as well as her own blog, Testosterhome. (Isn't that a GREAT name for a blog?!?)

In How Do You Tuck in a Superhero, she describes the adventures & antics associated with raising boys. Wow! I thought my boys were adventuresome at times! They say that laughter is the best medicine. Well, when you have boys, a sense of humor is a MUST, as she proved in her book. I found myself laughing out loud throughout much of the book.

On page 75, she has a list of rules she can't believe she had to make for her family. Page 114 has a list of things that no longer sound crazy (to her) -- "You can try to invent a jet pack, but I will not buy the fuel for it."

The book is laid out with quick, easy to read passages, but I dare you to read just a bit at a time! I couldn't put it down...except when I had to find out what my own boys were up to!!

I love this quote of hers from page 109 (about 1/2 way through the book):

"We women with boys (and it's a heck of a lot of us, really), we need to encourage each other. Yes, it's tough. Yes, boys can be wild. But, it's worth it. You're doing great. You're going to make it.

"You are raising tomorrow's men. Make warriors, not wimps."
If you have boys in your life, whether sons, grandsons, nephews, etc., check out this book. You'll either empathetically nod you head & say you've been there or you'll thank God for the peace you have in your life compared to Rachel.

0 comments: