Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day Six - The Earliest Thing I Can Remember (2nd post today)

I'm lucky if I can remember what happened an hour ago, so how am I supposed to find an early memory...LOL!

Actually I do have one. When I was about three or four years old, one of my favorite TV shows was Emergency. I don't remember any of the episodes or characters other than Roy & Johnny. My mom says that I used to sit on the couch w/ my red fireman's hat to watch them race off to the rescue in their squad.

I remember one day, my mom was cooking dinner & she had the baby gate up to keep my sister & me out of the way. Back in those days (the mid 70's) the baby gates had large openings. I knelt down on the floor & tried to stick my head into the diamond-shaped holes. My mom turned from her cooking & told me I'd better not do that because my head would get stuck & the emergency squad would have to come rescue me. I got excited because I was SO SURE it would be Roy & Johnny coming to help me! (Unfortunately, my head did not get stuck.)

SIDE NOTE: I was pleasantly surprised last year when the BIG switch to digital TV occurred & I found RTN (Retro Television Network). They play a lot of those old TV shows from the 60's, 70's, & 80's...Adam-12, The Incredible Hulk, The Hardy Boys, AND Emergency! I was even more pleasantly surprised when the munchkins sat down to watch Emergency w/ me & DID NOT find it boring.

(Trivia Time: Did you know that the man who played Dr. Kelly Brackett was in the movie Maverick? He was the poker player who lost to Jodie Foster's character, Annabelle Branson.)

Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours.

1 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I. LOVED. EMERGENCY. I discovered it in college on a classic channel, and loved it!! I see Johnny and Roy (and Brackett) on a lot of guest rolls these days. Roy seems to play villains well...

So cool!