Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."


1) I set up our new printer & it actually works!!! YAY!!!!!!! (Our old one wouldn't play w/ our new computer, so we've been w/out for the past couple months.)

2) I got the house in order for The Saint's birthday party on Friday an hour BEFORE guests arrived. This is a BIG accomplishment for me...usually I'm scrambling to put away those last minute things. BONUS: I mowed the lawn that morning, too!

3) I've stuck to our four week meal plan. What made it easy was to plan the shopping list weekly instead of longer. Keeping it simple makes it less overwhelming.

How are things going for you? If you'd like to share, go to Faith & Family Live to join in.

7 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Congratulations on #2. I hate planning and preparing for birthday parties (and would avoid them if Kansas Dad didn't offer lots of help and encouragement), but it's so wonderful to celebrate the kids and enjoy having company!

Kelly said...

All three of these would be huge for me. Menus are especially challenging. I'm not sure why, but they are.

Good job!

I love the book binding picture.

- Kelly

ViolinMama said...

I hear you on parties too. Thank goodness for family and friends to help support us!!

Blessings!

ViolinMama said...

Oh - and LOVE your month long meal plan!!! I'd love your tips? Did I miss a post about it? I remember vaguely, but did you tell us how you did it? LOL

Sherry said...

It's so true about having a plan making life simpler. I'm always stunned that simply writing it down makes it happen.

Maria said...

Thanks for all your comments, ladies!

ViolinMama - I think I just mentioned in a previous Small Successes post that I had made up the plan. It's nothing fancy. I just took a blank calendar page & wrote the main dish for four weeks of dinners, spacing things out so we don't have chicken several days in a row, or pasta, etc. If I get a chance, I'll post it soon.

Judy Dudich said...

Congratulations on these fantastic successes!