Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Seven - Favorite Cover of a Song (2nd post today)

When I first saw this topic for Day Seven, I had absolutely NO IDEA what it meant. Did it mean album cover? Nope! After reading Angela's choices, I realized that it is a song sung by someone other than the original artist.

I actually have several I'd like to share w/ you today...in no particular order.

First is Bette Midler's version of Baby Mine. As you know, it is originally from Disney's Dumbo, but she sang it in the movie Beaches. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a YouTube video that I liked to post for this one. (BTW - Many of the other songs she sang in Beaches were great, too!)

The second is Kenny Loggins version of America's The Last Unicorn (from the movie of the same name). This was one of my favorite movies growing up & when I heard Kenny sing it on his Return to Pooh Corner lullaby CD, I fell in love w/ it all over again. The whole CD, if you haven't heard it, is full of covers that he would sing to his son at night.



The next one I thought was just awesome when I saw it on Glee this past season. Matthew Morrissey & Neil Patrick Harris singing Aerosmith's Dream On. This is one version that I definitely think is way better than the original. (Of course, I'm not an Aerosmith fan anyway!) Their characters were using the same song to audition for the lead in Les Miserables. Because they were arguing & interrupting other auditions, the director told them to just sing it together.




Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours.

1 comments:

ViolinMama said...

I love these choices!! I love GLEE too!