Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful for NEW kitchen appliances! After 10 years in our home, I feel like a real homeowner now. They look GREAT!

2) I'm thankful for a wonderful surprise package I received in the mail the other day...THANK YOU, JUDY!

3) I'm thankful for when I can help others in times of need. No matter how bad my troubles may seem, there is always someone hurting more or in need of assistance. Helping them helps me, too!

4) I'm thankful for a possible curriculum change for next year. My sister told me about the Robinson Curriculum & it sounds very intriguing. We haven't made a firm decision yet, but I am leaning towards it (tweaking a bit to suit our family). There is also a Catholic Robinson site that adds a Catholic basis to it...even better! (BTW - If you've heard anything about it or have any experience w/ it, please let me know.)

5) I'm thankful for the mild weather we've had recently (LOTS of outdoor time for the munchkins), BUT I really think we need some cold & snow to kill off germs & future bugs! At the rate we're going, we'll have a blizzard in April!

2 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Wow, those are some great blessings right there! Especially being able to help others. :)

Judy Dudich said...

What an awesome list of blessings!
As for the surprise...you are MOST welcome! I am glad you enjoyed it:)
LOVE the one about helping others...thanks for that reminder...
NEW APPLIANCES are a HUGE "Wow!" and you have really intrigued me with this new curriculum...I've not heard of it before and am looking forward to researching it. I hope it works well for your family!