Dear Judy has tagged me in the following meme. I love getting tagged, especially when the memes have to do w/ books! The idea is to share 3 religious books that you enjoy and then tag 3 others to do the same.
My only problem w/ this meme is that I can ONLY name 3 religious books. That's like asking Imelda Marcos to buy only 3 pairs of shoes on her next shopping trip or for Tammy Faye Baker to put on only 3 layers of mascara...LOL!
So, in an effort to narrow down my choices I'm adding a few of my own rules.
* No books that I've reviewed for The Catholic Company are included. You can click on the link under "Labels" if you want to see any of those WONDERFUL books.
* The Bible, which is actually a library of many great books, is not listed.
* I did not choose any fiction religious books.
So, without further ado, here are my choices for Three Religious Books to Share:
1) The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming by Henri J.M. Nouwen - I read this several years ago when I was going through one of those dark times in questioning my faith & it touched me in such a profound way. He's broken down this well known parable so his readers get insights from all three viewpoints: the Prodigal son, the father, & the brother. (My thoughts & reflections: Part One, Part Two, & Part Three)
2) The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis - I'm on my second read w/ this one. Every morning I read a chapter & once finished, I will start it all over again. It's like one big prayer & each time I find something new to speak to me.
3) Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza - This was such a powerful example of her faith & trust in God during the Rwandan Holocaust. I couldn't put it down.
In regards to the tagging of others for this meme, I'm going to break the rules & tag ALL of my readers. What better way to get more book suggestions! So, please share your 3 favorite religious books & leave me a comment so I can add to my ever growing list of books to read!