Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Religious Books Meme

Dear Judy has tagged me in the following meme. I love getting tagged, especially when the memes have to do w/ books! The idea is to share 3 religious books that you enjoy and then tag 3 others to do the same.


My only problem w/ this meme is that I can ONLY name 3 religious books. That's like asking Imelda Marcos to buy only 3 pairs of shoes on her next shopping trip or for Tammy Faye Baker to put on only 3 layers of mascara...LOL!

So, in an effort to narrow down my choices I'm adding a few of my own rules.
* No books that I've reviewed for The Catholic Company are included. You can click on the link under "Labels" if you want to see any of those WONDERFUL books.

* The Bible, which is actually a library of many great books, is not listed.

* I did not choose any fiction religious books.

So, without further ado, here are my choices for Three Religious Books to Share:

1) The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming by Henri J.M. Nouwen - I read this several years ago when I was going through one of those dark times in questioning my faith & it touched me in such a profound way. He's broken down this well known parable so his readers get insights from all three viewpoints: the Prodigal son, the father, & the brother. (My thoughts & reflections: Part One, Part Two, & Part Three)

2) The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A. Kempis - I'm on my second read w/ this one. Every morning I read a chapter & once finished, I will start it all over again. It's like one big prayer & each time I find something new to speak to me.

3) Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza - This was such a powerful example of her faith & trust in God during the Rwandan Holocaust. I couldn't put it down.

In regards to the tagging of others for this meme, I'm going to break the rules & tag ALL of my readers. What better way to get more book suggestions! So, please share your 3 favorite religious books & leave me a comment so I can add to my ever growing list of books to read!

1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

Love those first two books and really intrigued by the last one you mention...I've not heard of it...but will seek it out; thanks!
The opening to this post CRACKED me up:)Thanks for participating!