Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday's Fare - Beef or Turkey Noodle Casserole

This is a recipe a friend gave me over the phone one evening many years ago when I couldn't come up w/ an idea for dinner. She asked if I had the following ingredients on hand & told me what to do. It quickly became a favorite dish!

Beef or Turkey Noodle Casserole
1 lb ground beef or turkey
2 cloves of garlic, minced (opt.)
1 can condensed cream of celery soup (I guess you can use mushroom...if you like it!)
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. egg noodles

Brown the ground meat in a skillet w/ the optional garlic. While doing this, cook egg noodles as directed on package, then drain. Once the meat is browned, add soup & sour cream. Bring to a light boil then turn down heat & let it simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

After you've drained the noodles, serve the meat mix over the noodles. Add a salad, veggies, &/or fruit & you've got a complete meal!

0 comments: