Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Fare - Chicken Enchiladas

This is a recipe from my sister years ago. It is a bit time consuming, but not hard & the results are delicious. It's also flexible in some of the ingredients (can use beef or pork if you prefer). Enjoy!

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 c. water
2-3 T. cornstarch
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce, green chile or red (I prefer green, but both are good)
1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend, but any would work)
2 large chicken breast halves, cooked & diced OR 2 cans (8 oz.) chicken
1 pkg. (8-10/pkg.) tortillas
sour cream (optional)

Boil water, then add bouillon cubes. Once they are dissolved, pour into a med. saucepan with corn starch. Stir constantly until thickened. Add taco seasoning, enchilada sauce, 1/3 cheese, & all chicken. Heat 5 minutes. Heat tortillas until pliable. Lightly grease or spray 9x13 in pan. Fill each tortilla w/ about 2 T. chicken mix & some cheese. Roll up & place in pan. Top w/ remaining cheese & sauce. Bake uncovered @ 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Sour cream can be spread lightly on top before baking or dolloped when served.

0 comments: