Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Book Review - I Surrender by Judy Dudich

I've mentioned in numerous posts these past few months that my friend Judy Dudich has written & published her own book.

I Surrender: A Study Guide for Women by Judy Dudich
To get your copy (print or e-book):
Judy's Homeschool Faith and Family Life website,
Amazon, or
The Book Locker

As it says on the front cover, the goal of this book is "making Christ the center of your daily life." Is that possible? Absolutely & Judy guides her readers through her own thoughts & experiences, thought-provoking reflection/discussion questions, & spaces for journal writing. This would work as a personal journey or in a group setting.

There are six chapters on surrender: Homeschooling, Family Life, Marriage, Friendships, My Schedule, & Your Faith Life. Not Catholic? Not a homeschooler? Not married? Not a problem! This book is for women of ALL faiths, plus you can cater it to your own life situations. Each chapter includes a section to read that guides your surrender in each area. There are also promises for you to make yourself...what you can promise to do & not do within that area of surrender, followed by questions to ponder.

Wait! That's not all. Before you read each chapter, flip to the back of the book for prayers of surrender in each of the six areas. You'll also find a study guide, thoughts on reflecting further, ideas to apply to your life, & more. And, if that's still not enough for you, Judy has started a book discussion group on Facebook. This has been a valuable edition...sharing & hearing the successes & struggles in surrender from women all over the world.

As you can probably tell by now, I am LOVING this book! There is so much packed in it, yet it's perfect for busy women. You can spend as little or as much time as you'd like on each chapter. I, personally, am on my second time through it & am getting more out of it each time I read. Surrendering to Christ is not an easy, quick thing to do, but an ongoing task. Judy guides you along & give great insight on how to get there. She, as the author, even said herself that she's learned much from us, her readers, through our Facebook discussions.

I cannot recommend this book enough!


1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

Thank you, so much, for this wonderful review! I am both humbled and thrilled that you are enjoying "I Surrender" and I keep you and all who read it in my prayers; that the Lord may lead us ALL closer to Him in our daily life journeys. I AM so blessed and have learned so much from everyone participating in our online book club and I'm so glad YOU are a part of it all!