Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.


1) I'm thankful for the four days we spent this past week visiting w/ family from out of town. My aunt & uncle we usually see once a year, but we haven't seen my cousins in years. We had a great time catching up & all the little cousins had a blast playing together (despite a few of them having strep throat).

2) Speaking of strep...I'm thankful that we caught it quickly enough for The Archangel. We called the doctor as soon as he got a sore throat & fever. Knowing that he'd been exposed to it this past weekend, our doctor skipped the culture test & went straight for the antibiotics...a good thing, because The Archangel would have had a fit!

3) I'm thankful the weather on Friday was great for our trip to the Ohio State Fair. It was warm (mid-upper 80's) but low humidity. My nephew was singing in the All Ohio State Fair Youth Choir & they all did an awesome job! The munchkins had so much fun on the rides, too!

4) I'm thankful The Prophet & The Princess are looking forward to the start of school in another week or two. (I'm still working on getting The Archangel excited.) The past school year didn't end well, so we're all hoping for a great new start! I've already written their "Beginning of the School Year" letters, which I'm going to mail this year instead of just handing them to the munchkins.

5) I'm thankful for the great 30 Day Meme that my dear friend, Angela, posted on her blog, Pretty in Orange. I've really enjoyed it & it has really gotten me back into journal writing. I'm thinking about continuing after the 30 days is up. There are many journal idea websites, so I could pick a topic each day & just write. The munchkins did some for school last year & it was a great writing exercise.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm thankful for you!! :D

Judy Dudich said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful list with us! So glad that you enjoyed such special "cousin" time!
I really like the idea of mailing our start of the year letters to the kids...I just might do the same this year...I usually write them in the back of the kids planners...but I think I'll share your creativity!