There have been many moments throughout my life when I have been happy:
- when I received my open-holed flute w/ a gold-plated mouthpiece for my 18th birthday
- when I bought my first car (mostly on my own, but w/ a little of Dad's help)
- when I was accepted into my first choice of colleges, then later for one of the study abroad programs
- when Casinodad proposed to me (you can read the story HERE)
- when I found I was pregnant w/ each of the four munchkins, then later when each was born
- when The Prophet was a Mass server for the first time
I think true happiness, though, is found in the little things...realizing that not everything has to be grandiose to make me happy.
- seeing the munchkins' faces light up when they finally grasp that math concept
- watching how The Saint intently observes the ants on our kitchen floor w/ no fear or his recognition of Jesus on my necklace, at church, in our living room, anywhere
- the freedom The Princess has to flutter & flit around the room, singing to her heart's content about the love of God
- the smile I get from The Archangel when we bake something together
- the proud expression The Prophet wears on his face when he comes to me w/ a new Lego creation
- Casinodad's expression of joy to be home w/ us at the end of a long day.
- the excitement on Christmas morning as the munchkins discover their new treasures
- four munchkins wet, dirty, & happy from playing in the spring rain
Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours.