Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day Twenty-One - Your Favorite Medium of Art (2nd post for today)

Music, hands down! For as long as I can remember, music has been a part of my life. Growing up, we always had a piano in the house & I started lessons in second grade (although I quit & later picked them up again in high school). I can remember going to church w/ my grandparents in 2nd or 3rd grade. Their contemporary music ensemble had a flutist & I knew from the first moment I heard her play that I wanted to play the flute too. I never even glanced at the other instruments when the music representative came to our school in 5th grade. I continued playing flute through high school & even majored in music in college.

I don't have one particular style of music that is my favorite, although there are some that should never have come into existence! There is such a wide variety out there, something to fit every mood I may have. I love Classical, showtunes & soundtracks, Christmas, country, contemporary Christian, kids' songs (Veggie Tales & Backyardigans) & much more. I love Josh Groban, Carrie Underwood, Casting Crowns, Harry Connick, Jr., Chicago, & more.

As I said in an earlier post for this meme when asked about music I'd take if on a deserted island, music is always w/ me. At any time, you could ask me what song is going through my head & probably 98% of the time, I'd have one to mention. Sometimes they're good songs that I love. Other times it may be some ridiculously, obnoxious song that just got stuck there & needs to be pushed out!

Do you have a favorite medium of art? Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours.

3 comments:

Connie Arnold said...

I'm with you on the music! Although I write poetry and it's a favorite of mine, music is still a special love. I play the flute too, and it does have such a special sound!

ViolinMama said...

Just a quick comment...I hope to comment on your day later tonight/tomorrow...I've been having trouble getting time to do com boxes! But I've been reading...love it!!

ViolinMama said...

oooh, this post was after my own heart...music! I love knowing you are so musical. Did I know that? I'd love to hear you! You sound so talented!