Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.


1) I'm thankful for great weather & fun times are our family reunion on Sunday.

2) I'm thankful my friend Angela started the 30 Days of Insight Meme on her blog, Pretty in Orange. While there are some fun questions & topics, there are many that have made me think & reflect on my life. It's never too late to join in, so let me know it you try it. I'd love to read your insights.

3) I'm thankful for my Small Church Community. Many years ago, our former parish started the small groups for sharing. On average, we meet in a member's home twice a month to pray, read, & reflect. We named ourselves The HOPE Group (for the four things we do: Help, Outreach, Pray, Eat). In the 11 years I've been a part of this wonderful group, we've been through births & deaths, weddings & separations, illnesses & recoveries, laughter & tears. Even though only one of the group still attends our original parish, we have stuck together. One of the great things w/ our group is our diversity in ages & backgrounds. That diversity has made for some great conversations & for me, being the youngest, I've learned a lot from the other members.

4) As a continuation of #3, I'm thankful for the redirection our group is taking. In addition to studying the upcoming Sunday's readings, we usually have a book that we read together & share our thoughts. In a recent gathering, we decided to change & not concentrate so much on the fluffy stuff (not that the touchy-feely books are bad, we just want more focus on our faith). I recently did a review for The Catholic Company on the book Those Who Saw Her: Apparitions of Mary by Catherine O'Dell. I let our group leader borrow the book & even though she hadn't finished it yet, it got her thinking. We all decided to make this next year our "Marian Year." We are all very excited about this new direction for our group.

5) I'm thankful for my dear husband. God has truly blessed me w/ a great man. He is strong in his faith, a wonderful father, & a very supportive husband.

Click the link at the beginning of this post if you'd like to join Judy in the weekly meme of thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Angela said...

And I am thankful for you darling!!

Gardenia said...

a lovely list. I clicked on over and read your review of the book. it sounds very good. I finished reading a similar one recently, called the Other faces of Mary by An Ball -- about devotions and appritions/visions of Mary. just lovely. also, your small group sounds truly wonderful.

Katia said...

What a blessing to be part of a strong community (small groups) of believers and for friends.
Many blessings to you,
Katia