Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day Twenty-Four - Something You Did as a Child That Other People Remember You For

Getting lost in Sears - We were just talking about this last weekend. When I was about 3 years old, I was w/ my mom at Sears. One minute I was standing right next to her, the next she was gone (or as she would tell you...I was gone!) I still remember wandering around a few aisles to find her. Finally I ended up at the register & told the lady that "My Mommy is lost!" I proceeded to tell her my name, my mom's name, & our address & phone number. She paged my mom & we were quickly reunited. Sears has never been a favored store of mine. Perhaps this experience has something to do w/ it...LOL!

Passing out at the eye doctor - Yes, you read that right...I passed out while sitting in the eye doctor's chair. I was in 8th grade & so excited to try contacts. After my exam, he put a trial pair of gas permeable ones in my eyes & told me not to look up. Well, what do you think I did? Of course I just HAD to look up. Those contacts tickled my eyelids. All of a sudden I felt queasy & the next thing I know, the doctor & his receptionist are giving me a cup of water & a cool, wet cloth! Needless to say, I didn't get contacts that year! I even remember what I was wearing that day...white shorts w/ bright, multi-colored squiggles & a sleeveless yellow knit sweater (remember those ones what were popular in the 80's?)

Want to join in this 30 Day Meme? You can get the complete list of daily topics HERE. Be sure to leave me a comment so I can read yours.

1 comments:

ViolinMama said...

HAHA! Oh goodness!!! I can related to both of those stories....wow!