Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Towards The Princess' Catholic Room

A few weeks ago, I mentioned in this post that The Princess wanted a Catholic room for Christmas. I decided to help her out by decorating some boxes w/ Catholic images. That way, she could still keep her regular toys in her room, but they could be "hidden" in the boxes.

My dad gave us four empty boxes from his church's bulletins.

I took each box & cut off the flaps.

Next, I covered them w/ wrapping paper. Michael's had their Christmas wrapping paper on clearance. I let The Princess decide between a solid red or a checkered, green one. As you can see, she chose the green.

I took our 2010 Marian calendar & let her choose eight images that she liked. I then cut them out & taped them to the shorter ends of the boxes. This way, she can rotate them when she wants to see a different image.

Finally, onto her new bookshelf they went.

She is VERY happy w/ her new storage for her bedroom.

1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

What a GREAT idea!