Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) I made up a schedule for our school days. It's not perfect & I know it won't be followed exactly every day, at least it gives us an idea of how our day can be.

2) I finally repaired a bunch of figurines & toys that have been sitting on our kitchen counter for months (shoved back in a corner). I had the epoxy out in an attempt to repair a broken toilet tank lid & figured I'd go ahead & fix the other stuff, too. (BTW - The lid would not stay together & actually broke into a third piece. Do you know how expensive just those lids can be? Average $75 when a new toilet can be less than $100!)

3) I've been trying to do better at not losing my temper w/ The Archangel when it comes to his aggression & schoolwork. It is extremely tough at times, but I know that losing my temper does not fix the problem...it only makes it worse.

How's your week been?

3 comments:

RealMom4Life said...

Great list. They are all great successes. As a mom of an "archangel" myself, I know that one is incredibly hard.....losing my temper always makes everything worse, particularly when it comes to this child.

And number 2! You are way better than I am. I tell the kids to put broken items on my dh's dresser and eventually he, or my 13 year old ds, gets around to them.

JJ's Mom said...

Great successes this week! Who knew it was that expensive to replace a broken lid? Might as well buy a new toilet! Sheesh!

Unknown said...

I can understand #3. My middle one gives me the fits with schoolwork and his laissez-faire attitude towards it. Doesn't help that he finds it so simple and when we talk to the school about it they tell me how much harder their curriculum is compared to the public schools (sorry about my rant). I will put you and your son in my prayers so that the school day goes by easier for both of you.