Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful
for my best Mothers' Day. I was spoiled the whole weekend!

2) I'm thankful for the growth I've been seeing lately in The Prophet. He's helping out more, making smarter money decisions w/ his earnings from mowing, wanting to learn how to do the laundry, & he's become quite the jokester!

3) I'm thankful for the great weather we've been having lately. I love opening up the house to fresh breezes & springtime scents.

4) I'm thankful The Saint is finally to the sizes of clothing we have stored in the crawlspace, as opposed to having to buy new clothes for him. When The Archangel outgrew his clothes up to size 3, we donated them because there weren't any brothers for him to pass his clothes to. We started saving once The Saint was born & those are the size 4 items.


5)
I'm thankful for library book sales. I bought several great history anthologies, a Tomie dePaola Christmas collection, & a sewing book all for less than $10.

3 comments:

Eileen Marie Miller said...

Love your thankful list: progress with the Prophet, a good Mother's Day, good weather, free new wardrobe for kiddo, and good book sale! Sounds like you have much to be thankful for this week! I'm glad I had the time to peak into your world!

ViolinMama said...

I am sorry I have been bad at commenting of late (again!). I'm loving this list, loving all the ways you inspire me daily (reading your blog is a highlight), and I'm praying for your intentions. Email me anytime you need to pray or unload - violinmama5@gmail.com. Much love!!

Judy Dudich said...

This list ended up making me laugh...because, with every item/blessing, I was saying, "Oh yes...that IS wonderful...OH MY, that's wonderful too!...and OH BOY, that sure is wonderful!!!"

So...God bless you in this WONDERFUL week and thanks for sharing it with us!