Kristen, at St. Monica's Bridge, tagged me for the following meme.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and then write 11 things about your life.
3. Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you have tagged them.
(I'm the one in red in the middle! Can you believe how tall The Prophet is getting? He's definitely going to tower over me very soon!)
11 Things About My Life:
1. I'm 5/8 Italian & 3/8 Mutt - HandyGramps once figured that out. The 3/8 is a mix of German, Irish, Hungarian, Yugoslavian, French, Dutch, & Belgium.
2. I've never seen any of the Rocky or Dirty Harry movies...and I have no desire to see them.
3. My two favorite movies are Somewhere in Time & The Sound of Music.
4. I love to shop at thrift stores, antique malls, & the clearance section at Half Price Books...I never know what treasures I'll find there!
5. I rarely will buy anything at full price.
6) It's been over a year since I've seen a movie in the theater...Gnomeo & Juliet w/ the family. What a GREAT movie!
7) I have one sister who is four years younger than me & out of the two of us, we've given our parents nine grandchildren...she has five boys, I have three boys & one girl.
8) I love to color!
9) While at a traffic light once, a bat flew in my van window, brushing its wings against my hair, & landing on the dashboard in front of me. I quickly pulled into a parking lot & opened up EVERY door until he flew out.
10) Because I never let them finish, I think part of my purgatory will be to sit & listen to the full spiel of telemarkers & door-to-door salesmen!
11) I love to participate in memes!
Kristen's Questions for Me:
1. What is the best gift your husband could give you for your birthday or anniversary/mothers day etc? a fun day spent w/ family & no one is bickering, disobeying, or grumping
2. If you suddenly could not speak English, what language would you choose to speak? Italian...I think it is a beautiful language
3. Do you prefer real books or e-readers? Real books! I can see the benefit of e-readers for traveling or if someone has trouble holding a heavy book, but I much prefer to hold an actually book in my hand.
4. If you could live in any one time period, what would you choose? I've always felt I was born in the wrong generation. I know every time period has it's own set of problems, but I think I'd choose either the 50s or the Victorian era.
5. What is your favorite fruit? Mango
6. Do you snore? Occasionally, but Casinodad says it's a soft snore & it doesn't bother him. Now, when The Saint ends up in bed w/ us every once in a while, he does not like it & will tell me, "Top 'noring, Mommy!"
7. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Blueberry Pomegranate w/ dark chocolate bits
8. What is your radio set to? It alternates between our local Catholic radio station & a Christian music station
9. Do you know all the words to any TV theme song, if so, what is it? The Brady Bunch & Gilligan's Island
10. How do you exercise? If you don’t, what exercise would you like to try? Nothing too strenuous & on a regular basis...talking walks, core muscle stretches, & the glider in our basement
11. What app on your iPhone, Android, or iPad (or related device) could you not live without? We only have an iPad, but I don't use it often enough to have an app I couldn't live without. Usually, I just play a few games on it.
1) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you like to go?
2) Who do you admire most & why?
3) Do you like to dance?
4) If you could go back in time & change something in your life, what would it be?
5) What is your favorite genre of books?
6) From that genre in the previous question, what one book would you recommend to others?
7) Texting...Yay or Nay?
8) What is your favorite spot to visit on the internet?
9) What is your favorite scent?
10) Who is your favorite saint & why?
11) Tell me about a favorite memory from your childhood...
Now for tagging...I tag Judy at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, Mary at Coffee, Yarn, and Words, Colleen at Thoughts on Grace, and anyone else who would like to participate!