Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Peggy hosts this meme each week & you can read other Daybooks HERE.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...a beautiful sunny day with temps heading to the mid 80s

I am thinking...I've got too much on my mind at the moment & having trouble sorting it all out.

I am thankful...for all the brave men & women who fought so hard (past & present) for the freedoms we are able to enjoy.

From the learning rooms...taking a book trip to Europe & Africa to finish up our continent study from this past school year

From the kitchen...just simple pasta for dinner this evening

I am wearing...pink sleep shorts w/ white flowers, a white T-shirt, barefeet (yes, I'm still in my jammies!)

I am creating...couple of photo collages for my parents' upcoming party

I am going...to take it easy today. We had a very busy weekend & were out late every night

I am reading...While I am still reading the following books, I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately. Hungry Souls by Gerard J.M. Van Den Aardweg, Wholly Mary by Chris Padgett (my newest review for The Catholic Company), & The Imitation of Christ.

I am hoping...for peace & much less bickering in our house.

I am hearing...The Prophet mowing our lawn, The Princess singing to The Saint, & the occasional slamming of the garage door as The Archangel goes in & out & in & out & in...

Around the house...I'm slowing working through 31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha House the Mary Way. At the rate I'm going, it may be closer to 100 days, but I WILL have a clean, organized home!

One of my favorite things...the joy in the munchkins' eyes & voices as they watch fireworks, then keep an eye out for more as we are driving home

A few plans for the rest of the week...my prayer group Wed. evening; cleaning; "Mom Therapy" on Thurs; starting some summertime school work; grocery shopping; a party for my parents on Sat. (Their church is celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary & an early 30th anniversary for HandyGramps ordination to the diaconate.)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...a few shots of our Beach Day last week.



0 comments: