Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Small Successes

Sherry at her blog, Chocolate for Your Brain, hosts Small Successes each Thursday. Check it out to see others' successes & share your own. Recognizing the small things we accomplish each week helps us realize that even when it doesn't seem like it, we are getting things done!

1) I created & laminated our Family Mission Statement, suggested for Day 1 of 31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha House the Mary Way. This statement expresses the reasons I want our home to be a haven & why I want it to be clean. What do you think? I put Peaceful & Loving in the center & made them the largest because those are the two traits that I most desire for our home. The quotes emphasize that desire: "A house is made of walls and beams; a home is made of love and dreams." (unknown) and "He is the happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home." (Goethe)


2) Also from the above mentioned e-book, I cleaned out the fridge & freezer. Not only did I toss outdated food, I took all the drawers & shelves, scrubbed them down, washed down the inside walls, & cleaned the front. Now, if only we could keep it this clean!

3) I got a lot of yard work done last Friday...helped The Prophet mow, used the weed whacker to get rid of the jungle of weeds around the house, rake said weeds & bagged them.

2 comments:

Kristen@ St Monica's Bridge said...

Sounds like a super week! Especially cleaning out the freezer!

Sherry said...

Beautiful idea, to combine the strengths of both saintly sisters! See you next week my friend.