Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Small Successes

Sherry at her blog, Chocolate for Your Brain, hosts Small Successes each Thursday. Check it out to see others' successes & share your own. While you're there, explore her blog a bit...she's got a wonderful way w/ words & humor!

Recognizing the small things we accomplish each week helps us realize that even when it doesn't seem like it, we are getting things done!

1) Over one week later, I finally finished Day 3 of 31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha House the Mary Way. The task was to "Dust tops of refrigerator, cabinets, and shelves. Clean and shine the outsides of drawers and cabinets." The hardest part was getting the tops of the cabinets & all the decorative stored items up there. The dust was so thick & so tough, the vacuum wouldn't even grasp it. My solution was to use an old rounded hairbrush to scrub it loose.

2) I decided to do weekly meal plans instead of monthly. So, on Sat. I made up a plan based on what we have at home, including what needs to be taken out of the freezer the night before (Can we say proactive?) & we have stuck w/ it so far!

3) I created two photo collages on large posterboards...one for my parents' 45th wedding anniversary & one for HandyGramps 30th diaconate anniversary (both of which will be celebrated by their parish this Sat.) I am VERY happy w/ how they turned out. I will post photos later, after the party, just in case one of them reads my blog before then.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weekly menu! I do that and it makes life much more manageable.

My parents celebrate their 45th anniversary at the end of the month! Hope you have a great Saturday and they enjoy their special day.

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

I agree with Lynn on the weekly menu. I get overwhelmed with a monthly plan! Great week!

Mary B said...

Very good! Congratulations to all on these special days.

*kate said...

I'll have to check out that book, I could real use some new ideas for keeping up with it all.
Congrats on the special days! And your weekly menu. I can hardly imagine keeping a monthly menu, I end up making so many substitutions just in a weekly one!