Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful The Archangel made his First Holy Communion this past Sunday. I was so pleased to see his reverence for the Eucharist & his enthusiasm to receive Jesus for the first time.

2) I'm thankful we did not have to take a trip to the ER on Monday when The Saint threw a geode at The Archangel's head. Thankfully I knew that head wounds have a tendency to bleed A LOT. Once we got it stopped, there was just a tiny spot on his head & no bump. He kept ice on it for a while & I kept checking his eyes. To be on the safe side, we did have our doctor look at it when The Archangel went in yesterday for his yearly checkup.

3) I'm thankful The Archangel is up to the 30th percentile in weight. The medicine he takes for his aggression increases his appetite, so he's gained close to 10 lbs. in the last few months.

4) I'm thankful I was able to have my Sat. shift covered at work so that I could go out of town for the memorial service for my Godmother's husband. It was a beautiful service & celebration of his life.

5) I'm thankful for Catholic Heritage Curricula. We get most of our school books through them & they have great service. I ordered books on Monday around lunchtime & received them just after lunch on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Tell your son congratulations on receiving Our Lord in the Eucharist! AWESOME!

I've always liked CHC. They also have a great website.

Judy Dudich said...

We use LOTS of CHC for our younger kids as well!
Glad that head injury was not serious...aaaahhhhhh, BOYS. xo ::wink wink::
Thanks for GIVING THANKS with me!

Judy Dudich said...

OH! And CONGRATULATIONS again to your dear son in receiving Our Lord for the first time! HOW AWESOME!