Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Small Successes

Small Successes can now be found over at Sherry's blog, Chocolate for Your Brain. (Don't you just LOVE that name!) Sharing successes each week, no matter how BIG or small really help keep things in focus & realize that yes, even on my busiest days I am accomplishing something. Click on the link to Sherry's blog to participate each Thursday & to see how others are faring in their day to day activities.

1) We got most of our house cleaned the day before we had company over for The Archangel's First Communion celebration. Yes, I said "the day before!" No last minute running around to stow away those lingering pieces of clutter!

2) I scrubbed our shower. It's still nowhere near perfectly clean, but it does look much better. That shower is the bane of my existence! No matter how much I scrub & scour, it will NEVER be clean. I've used everything I can think of on it...bleach & water spray, straight bleach, Comet, Lime Away, baking soda & vinegar, scouring pads, & more. I think it's time for a new shower!

3) I got the boys' testing done & mailed to Seton for grading. I think they both did well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I detest scrubbing the shower or even cleaning the bathrooms. I do it but I wish I could aford to hire someone just to clean those two rooms of our home.

Wishing great success on the close of your school year.

Sherry said...

Congrats on getting ready for 1st communion. Thanks for the compliment. I did however one time get an email asking if they could order some chocolate brains for Halloween. Explaining that this was a humor blog, I had to restrain myself from signing it Igor.

JJ's Mom said...

Wonderful week! Shower/bathroom scrubbing is a task I loathe so you get double credit for that one! And pass on my congrats on First Communion - what a blessing!