Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings & Prayers

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

With the tragedy in Japan, my heart is heavy as I try to come up w/ a list of thanksgiving this week.

1) While I am thankful that I know my family is tucked into bed safely each night, I pray for those in Japan, still searching for their loved ones.

2) While I am thankful to have a roof over my head, I pray for those who lost their homes to the earthquake & tsunami in Japan.

3) While I am thankful for the food & drink readily available to us, I pray for those in Japan now going without.

4) While I am thankful for my family's health, I pray for those in Japan facing disease & radiation.

5) While I am thankful for the security provided to us through our jobs, I pray for those in Japan who are now out of work.

Heavenly Father, I thank you for the many blessings in my life. I ask you to bless & comfort those in Japan as they mourn their losses & try to put their piece of the world back together. Amen.

2 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

This is so beautiful...God has truly gifted you with a heart of compassion for your fellow man...I love the way you have turned your gratitude into prayer for others in need. Thank you.

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

Yes, we are so fortunate here in the U.S. when we think about the devestation that occurred in Japan. Love your prayers for them.