Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) I survived taking all four munchkins shoe shopping yesterday & bought 6 pairs of shoes for $56 + tax. I found sneakers for all three older ones, dress sandals for The Princess, & dress shoes for The Saint. The Prophet's shoes were on clearance for $5, so I bought two pairs...one for now & one for later! I also found some shirts on clearance for all of the munchkins ($1 T-shirts for The Princess, $3 for the boys) & a snowsuit for The Princess ($7).

2) I brought up the subject of a tetanus shot during my physical on Tuesday (last one was in high school MANY years ago!) & survived the needle. I. DO. NOT. LIKE. NEEDLES!

3) I have been a good student, keeping up w/ the Jeff Cavins Bible study at church & have been getting a lot out of it.

3 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

The shoe sale. That. is. AWESOME! I remember one year we got two pairs of shoes on clearance for my husband plus they put them on the additional store-wide sale and we spent $22 on two pairs of men's sneakers that were Nike's and Asic's. I nearly passed out it was such a good deal. Too bad nothing else on clearance fit him!

Maria said...

I got the following comment from HandyGramps through email & wanted to share it w/ all of you. He made me cry!

"Raising kids, you never know if what you do is right (you're in the process of finding that out). You always question whether or not things will turn out well. Mom and I are extremely proud of both you and (your sister). The prayer for Japan in your blog is a perfect example of the fine person you turned out to be. The prayer is beautiful.
Love,
Dad"

ViolinMama said...

I'm just now playing catch up to blogs, and I loved this list. Such accomplishment (especially the shoe shopping and SHOT). I loved the honesty.

I love your dad's comment! I needed to read that. What a blessing he is, and he is so correct! I love your blog, your faith, the prayers...the real you!

Blessings!