Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) I've relinquished control of the kitchen the last couple days & let The Prophet cook. He's done quite well for a 10 yo boy & is enjoying the planning & creativity that can go along w/ cooking.

2) Along the lines of #1, I did not get angry when he accidentally burned our counter when he placed a hot pot on it. We all make mistakes & that is the way we learn.

3) I don't know if this is my success so much as the Holy Spirit's...I've been getting a LOT out of my spiritual reading the Lenten season. Between Jeff Cavin's Great Adventure 8-Week Bible Study, The Word Among Us & Not By Bread Alone: Daily Reflections for Lent by Robert F. Morneau (both for the daily readings), & The Life-Giving Power of the Cross by Jeanne Kun (a Word Among Us book my Small Church Community is using...a GREAT book, BTW), I can really feel my faith deepening. Plus, I'm finding a lot of parallels between the four books at times.

How have things been for you lately?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are a better woman than I - I have not even thought of letting the kids help cook. Let alone solo cook.

Also, the link on Faith and Family took me to the book you mentioned not your blog ;)

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

This is awesome! I love your patience with the cooking mishap. So often as mom's we forget when it's a mistake like that that it could be a learning mistake. That is truly an example for all us moms out there!

ViolinMama said...

Oh. WOW! #2 is a big one! I'm not sure I would have had the grace, but you are so correct, and I would have felt terrible for getting upset - how would they known otherwise?

Love #3. I'm feeling the same way. I love what I'm getting from Lent and my readings.

As always, you inspire me. Thank you and much love!

JJ's Mom said...

Sounds like an immensely successful week! #2 is a biggie! Great job mom!