Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful for the Bible study our parish is offering. We're doing Jeff Cavin's Great Adventure 8 week A Quick Journey Through the Bible. Yesterday was our fourth week & I've gotten so much out the DVD & our discussions. It's amazing to read passages that I've read my whole life & see them in a new light.

2) I'm thankful for wind chimes. A dear friend of mine gave me a beautiful dark green tubular set for Christmas a couple years ago & they have the most beautiful tone. They've been stored in the garage all winter & I just hung them up yesterday. Spring is on its way!

3) I'm thankful for our new van! I was starting to get discouraged in our search...I really dislike going from dealership to dealership & playing all their sales games. Thankfully we found a van much lower than our price range (w/ lots of great extras!), in excellent shape, & a fairly decent salesman.

4) I'm thankful for "Mom Therapy." I have a very dear friend w/ four beautiful children close to the munchkins' ages (also homeschooled). We try to get together once a week, but usually due to illnesses it ends up being a couple times a month. We call it therapy because it is so rejuvenating for both of us...sharing ideas, talking about the struggles in our lives, laughing, drinking coffee, & just have a great time together. Her mother has been visiting throughout the winter, so we've added HelpfulGrammy into the mix. They hit it off right away & get along so well. Our afternoons fly by so quickly!

5) I'm thankful for the freedom to be able to homeschool the munchkins. I know I'm not always the most patient person & we do have some tough days, but when I read or hear about the problems in schools these days, I'm thankful for this opportunity.

Thank you, Lord, for the many blessings You have bestowed upon our family!

2 comments:

Eileen @ Ordained Praise said...

I really enjoyed reading your thankful list today. You are doing a wonderful job with your kids and have great friends to share the time with at times. Enjoy those wind chimes!

Judy Dudich said...

Oh how this list filled my heart with JOY! YAY!!!! New van!!!!
And, I LOOOOOOVE wind chimes!
I am so glad that God has blessed you with a good friend to share your journey:))
I have heard about Jeff C's Bible Study...sounds wonderful!
Thanks for joining your grateful heart to ours and lifting our praise to the Lord!