My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings,
hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply
list five things (or a prayer or any
thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this
week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in
perspective & realize that, no matter how
bad things might be, there is still MUCH good
1) I'm thankful The Prophet has joined the Youth Ministry at our church. They had their kick-off bonfire Sun. evening & he had an INCREDIBLE time. He talked about it the whole way home & is looking forward to more activities in the future.
2) I'm thankful for The Archangel's dedication as a Mass Server. Each Sunday, he volunteers to serve if others do not show up. With all the struggles we've been through w/ his ADHD, it's wonderful to see him so active in church, doing such a great job, & enjoying himself in serving our Lord.
3) I'm thankful for little surprises from The Princess. When I got home from work on Sat., she showed me her straightened up room. Also, knowing how much I've been enjoying crossword puzzles lately, she found one in a coloring book & left it for me on my bed.
4) I'm thankful for the joy & entertainment The Saint provides for our family. On Monday, he found himself a "pet"...a pill bug which he carried around the house. At one point, he dropped it on the kitchen floor & when he got down to pick it up, I heard him say, "Pet, are you okay?" Later, he set it free on the front porch. As soon as he closed the door, he sighed & said, "I miss my pet!"
5) I'm thankful for the strength I am able to draw from God, esp. today!
Wednesday, November 7, 2012