Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fifth Sunday of Lent

Here's my bulletin reflection for today, the 5th Sunday of Lent

Readings - Jeremiah 31:31-34 / Hebrews 5:7-9 / John 12:20-33

For a seed to grow & produce, it needs to be planted, watered, & cared for, otherwise it will not do its job. Jesus was “planted” on Earth to grow for our sakes. He became the seed & at the same time, the gardener. Everything He did was for us. He grew to save us from our sins. He tended to our needs, & still does. He’s harvesting our souls for eternal life in Heaven.

“And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself.”

The next time you plant a seed, make a conscious effort to pray for that plant and thank God for the gift of His Son.

In the garden that is your life, where do you need the most pruning? Ask Jesus to help you.

0 comments: