Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

1) Several times this week, I've stopped whatever I was doing (reading, watching TV, cleaning, etc.) to cuddle &/or play w/ the munchkins. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I'm doing that I don't take that extra time. Don't get me wrong-they're not neglected. This was just lots of extra cuddle time.

2) Since I gave up reading blogs & spending extra time online this Lent, I've felt more peaceful. When something goes wrong, I seem to be a lot calmer in dealing w/ the situation instead of getting upset quickly. I'm still a work in progress, but I can definitely feel the change. To my daily prayers, I've added asking God to help me increase this sense of peace in my life.

3) I read 3 more books - the next 2 in the Sr. Agatha series & Danielle Bean's Mom to Mom, Day to Day. (A great book, Danielle! I love the prayers at the end of each section.) Please don't think I've spent all my time reading - I just have much more available since I'm not on the computer all day. Plus, the munchkins have been going outside a lot lately & The Saint has been sick this week. Nursing is one of the few things that comforts him, so I read during those times.

For more Small Successes & to share yours, go to http://www.faithandfamilylive.com/.

3 comments:

EChristyBA said...

Good job in loving your kids extra this week. I think its great that you have reduced your web time for lent... I have to be vigilant to keep myself in line on this! Every thing we do is a chioce - even if it is a choice between goods, eh? Bless you.

Kimberly said...

Very smart...it's amazing how much are children "bloom" when we give them undivided attention. I've tried to make a practice of looking at the children when they ask me a question, rather than absent mindedly answering without looking at them. It helps them to see me focused and caring. It helps me too!

Thanks for sharing your small successes!

ViolinMama said...

This list is SO helpful to me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to do the same this Lent. It's been hard being sick, but so worth it!!! Thanks for sharing.