Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Second Sunday of Lent

Continuing my bulletin reflections, here is the one for today...

Second Sunday of Lent Readings
Genesis 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 / Romans 8:31b-34 / Mark 9:2-10
“Are you listening to me?” “Did you hear what I said?” As a parent, I find myself uttering these & similar phrases quite frequently. I can imagine God asking these same questions. I wonder if He ever gets frustrated with our listening skills (or lack thereof).
God specifically told Peter, James, & John that Jesus was His Son & they were to listen to Him. Did they listen? Not always. James abandoned Jesus along with other disciples, but was later executed for witnessing about Jesus. Peter denied Christ three times, yet went on to become our first Pope.
We are not that different. We are God’s beloved children who stumble & fall. We make bad choices. We don’t listen, yet that love is unconditional. All we need to do is stop & open our ears to God.

What are the external & internal noises that keep you from listening to God?

How can you silence the world around you to focus on what God is trying to say?

0 comments: