Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Third Sunday of Lent

Bulletin Reflection for the 3rd Sunday of Lent
Exodus 20:1-17 / 1 Corinthians 1:22-25 / John 2:13-25


It’s hard to picture an angry Jesus. I’ve always thought of Him as kind & loving. How can He be angry? How can He overturn tables & lash out?

Because He was human.

God came to earth in human form with a purpose. People were not following the 10 Commandments. There was a multitude of sin – killing, idolatry, stealing, coveting, etc. They needed someone to turn them around. Jesus was the answer. He was, & is, our Savior.

So, when the Jews were conducting business in the temple, Jesus had a right to be angry. They were disrespecting sacred property. He got angry. He yelled. He took out His frustration. He was human.

What makes it hard for me to see Jesus as human?

How have I shown disrespect in a sacred place?

0 comments: