Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Faith - I am blessed to be a part of the Catholic Church...the power of the sacraments, the beauty of the Mass, the long-standing traditions rooted deep in Christ's love & sacrifice. Deo Gratias!
2) Family - I am blessed w/ a wonderful husband & four beautiful children. Sure they all drive me crazy at times, but my love for them is unconditional. I'm also blessed w/ a great extended family...close, supportive, & loving. Deo Gratias!
3) Friends - I am blessed beyond measure. Many have come & gone throughout my life; many have been there for what seems like forever. Some I see regularly; some I only know through the internet. All are important to me. Deo Gratias!
4) Food - I am blessed with two kinds of food to sustain me. I have my daily meals of breakfast, lunch, dinner, & snacks for my physical well-being. Then I have Christ in the Eucharist to help my spiritual development. Deo Gratias!
5) Fun - I am blessed to be able to have fun in my life. Whether it's a trip to the park or the zoo, watching a movie, reading, etc., there is much fun & joy in my life. AND, if you really think about it, all those fun times in my life include #1-4 above...faith, family, friends, & food! Deo Gratias!