Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) The Saint never ceases to amaze me when it comes to his faith. Yesterday, someone brought up Christmas & he says, "Mom, I have a secret! Did you know that every time you open a present, that it's Jesus' too? Yep, I know everything about God!" Deo Gratias!
2) I've been doing a lot of cleaning out this summer. I filled the back end of the van w/ stuff to take to Volunteers of America yesterday. It feels wonderful to get all this excess stuff out of our home. Deo Gratias!
3) Our baby boy, The Saint, turned five on Sunday. It was also the day of our family reunion. What a great day to celebrate his birth & family! Deo Gratias!
|Yes, that IS a minion cupcake!|
4) I bought two pairs of denim capris at Volunteers of America yesterday, but didn't have time to try them on there. Once I got home, I tried them & lo & behold, both fit perfectly. Deo Gratias!
5) After a quick rain shower yesterday, the Blessings & some of their friends were playing outside in the puddles & looking at a rainbow. Matt & I also went out. A car came into the cul-de-sac & just at that moment, The Saint started to cross the road instead of using the sidewalk. THANK GOD the car was slow enough, the driver saw him, & that I was able to get him. Deo Gratias! DEO GRATIAS!