Colleen, from her inspiring blog Thoughts on Grace, hosts this wonderful meme each Wednesday. She says, "Deo Gratias is Latin for Thanks be to God. Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big & small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude!"
Each week, I join Colleen in remembering & sharing the many blessings in my life. This is such a great exercise for me, helping me to focus on the good that truly is happening in my life, no matter how many trials & stresses I may have.
1) Many times, I get wrapped up in my current task at hand that I don't stop & spend some time w/ the Blessings (something I'm trying very hard to be more aware of). Yesterday, The Saint asked me to read to him while I was doing something else. I stopped what I was doing & spent some time cuddling w/ him on the couch w/ a couple of books. Deo Gratias!
2) HelpfulGrammy watched The Saint & The Princess on Sunday while Matt & I took a trip up to visit Matt's dad & aunt. His dad will be moving down near us in the next month, so we went to bring back some of his winter clothes & possessions. Deo Gratias!
3) Not only did HelpfulGrammy watch them for the day, she offered to keep them overnight. They had a great time...running through the sprinkler, doing crafts, watching cartoons, & reading books. Deo Gratias!
4) I received the Blessings' end of the year test results. They all did a great job this year. I am very proud of them. Deo Gratias!
5) Matt & I spent some time making a pumpkin ginger cake last night for his work's potluck today. It was fun working together & boy, did our kitchen smell yummy! Deo Gratias!