My dear blogging friend, Judy, over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.
1) I'm thankful for long-distance phone calls. My nephew, who is in college at Brigham Young University in Utah & hasn't been home since August, called us last night to thank us for the Thanksgiving card & letters the munchkins sent to him. We talked for over an hour!
2) I'm thankful for second opinions on vehicle repairs on Casinodad's car. One place said it would be close to $3000 & the other was under $1000...that is a HUGE difference for the same repairs!
3) I'm thankful for fun times w/ extended family. On Sunday, we went to my aunt & uncle's house for the annual bonfire. All my cousins were there & it was so fun to see our kids (the next generation of our family) bonding w/ each other. We also got to meet my cousin's future in-laws. We did miss my nephew (mentioned in #1 above) & Casinodad, who had gone w/ his sister to pick up their dad.
4) I'm thankful for visits from Casinodad's dad. He's down here from northern OH visiting for the week, staying w/ Casinodad's sister until Friday. Then he'll be here w/ us Friday through Sunday. It's so great to see the munchkins bonding w/ grandpa!
5) I'm thankful there's no rain in the forecast today! It rained ALL. DAY. LONG. yesterday & while I'm sure we could use it, it makes for a long, dreary day!
May God bless you all abundantly!