Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

My dear blogging friend, Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) We stopped by Kroger Marketplace after church Sunday while waiting for the munchkins to get out of PSR & just happened upon a 30% off of ALL toys & games! We got about 1/3 of the munchkins' Christmas shopping done there...things we were already planning to purchase elsewhere at higher prices. THANKS FOR SALES!

2) Yesterday, I ran multiple errands w/ all four munchkins around lunchtime...not usually a good idea. This time, however, they were all really good. We were at the doctor's for an hour for The Archangel's ADHD appt., grocery shopped at Aldi (where they helped shop & didn't ask for everything in sight), & ran inside the bank. Knowing they'd be hungry, we stopped for a quick bite at McDonalds in between. THANKS FOR THEIR GREAT BEHAVIOR!

3) After almost a week of back & forth phone calls, our insurance company finally approved the prescription for The Archangel to try for his ADHD. It's a new medicine that is supposed to be good for both his ADHD & aggression/defiance. It's biggest side effect is not loss of appetite, like many other meds...which is great in our case because he is so skinny. (He eats, but he's so active he just burns off all the calories.) THANKS FOR THE APPROVAL OF THIS MEDICINE.

4) My parents got back last week from an almost two week trip out west. While I missed them, I know they had a great, well-deserved trip. THANKS THAT THEY MADE IT BACK SAFELY (esp. driving through blizzard-like conditions in Colorado!)

5) We were stopped at a traffic light yesterday next to an SUV that had the best sticker on the window. It said, "Body Piercing Saved My Life." I was a bit puzzled at first, until I saw the picture above...a hand w/ a nail piercing the wrist. THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME DISPLAY OF FAITH!

I am thankful for all of my dear readers & wish all of you a wonderfully, blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow! God bless each of you!

1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

YAYYYYY for sales, indeed! Good for you guys!
Just LOVE this whole list!
I'm so glad your son will have the medication he needs without the icky side effects.
Cool sticker!
Glad your parents had a good time:)