Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) As I said in yesterday's thankful post...we've done 2 art projects this week. As much as the munchkins love to do art, I'm not always up for the messes that are also created, so art is usually pushed to the back burner. This week, they used watercolors on Monday & oil pastels on Tuesday.

2) I cut up two of the four little pumpkins my mom gave us, cooked them down, & pureed them for future recipes. While I had the puree out, I decided to make some spiced pumpkin bread. Topped w/ pumpkin ice cream & a bit of chocolate fudge Magic Shell, we had a DELICIOUS dessert after dinner.

3) I replenished several of our homemade cleaners & made up a new one also. I found a super easy recipe for dishwasher detergent at diy natural. It only takes two ingredients: washing soda & borax. You just use 1 T. of each in your dishwasher. (I mixed 1/2 c. of each in an airtight container & just used 2 T. of the mixture.) For a good rinse, it also says to add white vinegar to the rinsing agent hole.

Has your week been a good one? Celebrate your successes at Faith and Family Live.

7 comments:

Monica said...

What GREAT week!!!!! Art projects with little ones can be frustrating, good for you for sticking it out. It's so good for them!!! Props on the pumpkin, and fabulous on the cleaners!!! I make a little bit of our own and also like Mrs. Meyers Everyday clean. Borax and vinegar are always staples around here.

Elise Hilton said...

I like the ideas for the cleaners - thanks!

Judy Dudich said...

I am very impressed with number 2 and SO excited about number 3!!! Thank you!

JJ's Mom said...

Oooo....I may steal your detergent success! And is there a chance you could send some pumpkin bread, ice cream and chocolate shell to our house?

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Wow! I'm so happy to hear someone has had luck with real pumpkin. Last year I wanted pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and got a pie pumpkin and it was okay, but I was very discouraged! And yeah for arts and crafts!!!! I know what you mean about dreading the mess :)

Hannah said...

Your desserts sound amazing!!! I wish I was at your house!!!!
I love your cleaner ideas! Thank you for posting that!

Unknown said...

Good job Mom! Messes can be tough but happy little munchins make up for it!

I am checking out the link for the detergent. I need to try it. Thanks for the info.