Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful for a productive school week so far! We've done 2 art projects (maybe this should be a Small Success tomorrow since it's such a BIG achievement on my part!) & the munchkins have been very cooperative w/ all their subjects.

2) I'm thankful for the nice 60 degree weather we've had this week. I've been able to open up the house & air out the germs that have been creeping in.

3) I'm thankful for my Catholic faith. Each day I continue to grow stronger in my beliefs & understanding of this beautiful faith.

4) I'm thankful for the gift of music & the wide variety of styles that I am able to enjoy. Last night, I'm listened to a couple tapes (yes, I said tapes!) that I haven't listened to in years...James Galway's The Enchanted Forest & Kitaro's Kojiki...beautiful Japanese music. (I've been drawn to Oriental music for years & even played a couple of Japanese pieces for my college flute recitals.)

5) I'm thankful for the many great authors out there. Without them, I wouldn't be transported to different worlds, times, & places. I love to be carried away by a good book. Right now, I'm reading (& enjoying) Jan Karon's latest in the Fr. Tim novels, In the Company of Others. In this one, she takes her readers to Ireland & adds a little mystery to Fr. Tim & Cynthia's trip.

5 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love Jan Karon. I have not yet read the new one but plan on starting it very soon.

Ruth said...

Beautiful list! Isn't it amazing to have great authors before us and at the present? I can't imagine a world without books (Bible, especially!).

Congrats for finishing 2 projects this week.
I hope you have fun the rest of the week.
Blessings!

Judy Dudich said...

LOVE this list! So happy you "meme" with me each week! Boy, would I love to hear you play the flute...I played in grade school. Any hope for a youtube of your talent? ::wink::

Maria said...

Thanks ladies! I love participating each week!

Judy, We're not high-tech & don't have a webcam, but I'll see what I can do about a flute performance. Maybe it would just be easier if we visit in person someday :)

Judy Dudich said...

I WOULD LOVE THAT! You are MOST welcome in our home ANY time!