Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm thankful for the beautiful weather for our Outdoor Mass on Sunday.

2) I'm thankful that my back is starting to feel a bit better. I just need to make sure I do my physical therapy exercises at least once a day & watch my posture throughout the day (that's the toughest part!).

3) I'm thankful the munchkins had a great time yesterday at my mom's for "Art at Grandma's." They decorated their candy bags & while they were doing their mystery craft (i.e. gift for us), Grandma filled their bags w/ treats to take home.

4) I had planned on stopping at the library on the way home yesterday, but decided not to because of tornado warnings in the counties to the southwest of us. I'm thankful that I made that decision because our tornado warnings started just as we got into the house.

5) I had reserved books at the library that were supposed to be picked up yesterday. I'm thankful they were able to extend my pickup day for me when I called...no questions asked. We have a GREAT library system w/ GREAT employees!

3 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm glad that you were not in the path of the tornado. That picture of your kiddo's in the car is so cute. It brought a smile to my face.

Judy Dudich said...

So sorry you're still having back trouble.
The link for "outdoor Mass" would not work for me when I clicked it...I get an error page.
What a wonderful list of thanksgiving...and YAY for your Mom to have "art at Grandma's"...I can't WAIT for the day when my grand-daughters are older and they can come to Grammy and Pap paps for a summer camp!

Maria said...

hip-chick: Thanks for stopping by & for commenting on the munchkins photo. I had just finished unloading groceries when they piled in. Perfect photo op!

Judy: I fixed the link & checked it, so it is working now.