Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

I'm back after getting our computer repaired...it caught a virus in answer to my prayers to back off on my computer time! God has a wonderful sense of humor, doesn't he?

I was hoping that one of my successes would have been to avoid the colds a couple of the munchkins had this week, but that didn't happen! Thankfully I didn't get it too bad, but I am definitely wiped out! Now for the actual successes...

1) I finally went through all of the munchkins' clothes, including those in the crawlspace, to see what they had for fall & winter. All the excess is being donated to a center that helps those less fortunate in southeastern Ohio.

2) My mother bought us a large bottle of fabric softener. I usually don't buy any so I decided to use it just for sheets & towels. So, Tuesday & Wednesday I spent washing the munchkins' sheets, mattress pads, pillows, & comforters. WOW! Their rooms smell incredible!

3) I finally made an appointment to see our family doctor about my lower back pain, which I've had for over a year. I have a high pain tolerance, so I kept putting it off (mostly to save money) until it just got too bad. Thankfully it's nothing serious & a little physical therapy (along w/ minor changes in my sleeping & sitting positions) should be able to help it.

Has it been a good week for you? Please share at Faith & Family Live.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Great week!! All the clothes and laundry...doesn't it feel wonderful to get that behind you?

Have you ever thought of seeing a chiropractor for your back?

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

You are helping me to be inspired in my quest this week to go through my kids' clothes...and my own!

JJ's Mom said...

What a week! God does have a unique sense of humor. I hope your feeling better soon! (and I second Monica's recommendation of a chiropractor)