Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Princess Received Her Rose from St. Therese of Liseux

Last Friday was the Feast of St. Therese of Liseux. For school, we had a lesson about her including reading about her life & a scrapbook-type craft. (By the end of the school year, each of the munchkins will have their own handmade saint book.) We did our lesson on Thursday because we had plans to go to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum in Dayton w/ my parents, my sister, & her family on Friday.

On Friday, we decided to meet at our house & head to Dayton in two vans. My parents arrived first...bringing along a few things (as parents like to do!) My mom handed The Princess a small lap quilt that belonged to my great aunt when she was in a nursing home. After she died, my mom kept it then thought The Princess might like it. Because I was busy getting last minute things together, I didn't really take more than a glance at the quilt.

When we got home, she brought the quilt over to me so that I could see it. The first thing I noticed was the large pink rose in one of the squares. There were other flowers on the quilt, but it was the only square of its kind. Immediately I reminded her of what St. Therese said about sending a shower of roses from Heaven. She was absolutely thrilled! I told her that if she wanted, she could have St. Therese be her patron saint & she said, "YES!" w/ a big grin on her face. She slept under that quilt all that night.

And BTW - my great aunt's name? ROSE. She'd been ill as a child & her mind never grew beyond that of a young child. We always called her Rosie & she was an absolute sweetheart. We have a picture from the funeral home of The Prophet (about age 3) kneeling in front of her casket, with his eyes closed in prayer. The Archangel (about 18 months) is standing on the kneeler, next to The Prophet.

1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

I'm so happy for your daughter to have received this gift from the Little Flower!