Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Danielle Bean says, "It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."

1) I did not freak out when the wicked weather blew through our state yesterday w/ tornado warnings & extremely high winds. (Although I probably would have if I'd known at the time that there was a tornado touching down in the next township over from us.)

2) This is a HUGE work in progress, but I've been really trying to reign in my temper when it comes to The Archangel. We've found that he has ADHD & much of his aggressive behavior, attitude, & goofing off are caused from it...not that it's an excuse, but an explanation. From that, we are working together w/ doctors to find solutions.

3) The exercises I've learned in physical therapy seem to be helping so far & I've been doing them at least once a day for the past week. Isn't it sad that it takes an injury of some sort to actually get me exercising? If I'd done more exercising in the past, I probably wouldn't have hurt my back!

Has it been a successful week for you? Check out Faith and Family Live to share.

4 comments:

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

We are getting the lovely weather you had today! I find it so interesting that God sends all this weather my way while my husband works away from home! Oh well, we are "weathering" it well. Great week. Sending lots of prayers on #2, my brother was much the same way growing up. Now he is a US Marine, married and with his first baby due in just over a week! There is a light at the end of the tunnel for you and Archangel! I know it's a bright one :)~ Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge

JJ's Mom said...

Sounds like congratulations are due for all three successes this week! I'm sure #2 has been frustrating. Hopefully no that you have a diagnosis you can start on the path to resolving some of the issues.

Unknown said...

Great job this week my friend. I will offer prayer for you on #2. I have dealt with the same issues with my eldest. It can really challenge a Mom so hang in there. You will find the right solution for your family.
Thanks for entering my anniversary giveaway. Good Luck!

Angela said...

You are only human, love. Give yourself some slack on #2. :D