Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

Judy over at A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, hosts this meme every Wednesday. Simply list five things (or a prayer or any thoughts) for which you are truly thankful this week. Voicing my thanks helps put my life in perspective & realize that, no matter how bad things might be, there is still MUCH good surrounding me.

1) I'm SO thankful to have our computer back! It caught a virus last week & has been in the shop since last week. I took it as God's answer to my prayer...to not spend so much time on the computer. He really took me seriously!

2) I'm thankful that I finally went to the doctor for my lower back. It's been bothering me for at least a year & has been getting worse the past couple months. I tried not going for so long to avoid co-pays, prescriptions, toughing it out, etc. but just couldn't wait any longer. Thankfully the X-ray showed nothing. I was given a two week prescription & I start physical therapy this morning.

3) I'm thankful for The Prophet's motivated self yesterday! He was done w/ the majority of his school work by 8:30am. We usually don't even start until 9am!

4) I'm thankful that I was blessed in knowing a very sweet lady at the nursing home where I work on Saturdays. She was 97 years old, blind, going deaf, & I really enjoyed talking to her. She passed away a week & a half ago and while it hit me hard, I celebrate that she is now w/ God in Heaven.

5) I'm thankful that The Princess is really enjoying the Little Flower's Girls Club. They only meet once a month, but she is so motivated to go through her tasks here at home to earn her badges. She's even going to be St. Therese of Lisieux for Halloween & is VERY excited about it! I love that she has such a strong love of our faith!

1 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

We have such fond memories of LF...in fact, we have a few petals that we hadn't earned yet and I've been considering doing them at home here with the girls this year. Glad you are enjoying that special time of fellowship. My sympathy to you as you mourn the loss of your friend. May she rest in eternal joy and peace.
That "school-done-by-8:30" is a big "WOW!!!!!!!!!!"
Thanks for sharing your grateful heart with us! Hope your back feels better.