Unless otherwise specified, all writing here on my blog is my own original work. If you refer to something I've written here, please be sure to give me proper credit.

COMMENTS ARE MODERATED: Please don't let that deter you from commenting, though. I LOVE to read your thoughts! I only ask that you keep it clean & respectful.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Join Us for Kids say the Darndest things


WOW! This has been a busy week. I've not posted anything since last Friday. Hopefully I'll be back on track next week.

Here's my post for Mystical Rose Design's weekly Blog Hop. Click the above link if you'd like to see more.

We started saying prayers w/ the munchkins from the very beginning. Even when they were just infants, I would rock them at night & say prayers out loud for them. The Saint knows exactly what to do & as soon as we sit in the rocker, he puts his hands together & says, "A-NAN," (his version of "AMEN.") We're working on the Sign of the Cross w/ him, but for some reason he can't past his forehead. He just keeps hitting it w/ the palm of his hand.

Once The Archangel started saying them w/ us, it was always cute to hear his words for the prayers. For example, when we got to the Hail Mary, instead of saying "pray for us sinners" he would say "play with us sinners."

3 comments:

Neen said...

I bet that our angels do play with the little ones. Prayers do make the most special times with little ones don't they. I alway thought eeryone prayed with their children.

Gardenia said...

and that's ok too! so sweet. i love how children mess up the words.

Caroline said...

Aw! That is so sweet! It kind of reminds me of that one Hans Christan Anderson story, where there was a little girl of two who could say the whole of the Lord's Prayer without any difficulty. However, one night, her mother heard her say something after "Give us this day our daily bread". Upon questioning, the muttered words were "Please put plenty of butter on it". :D
Thanks for your entry, hope to see you next Friday!